Monthly Archives: July 2018

Seeing the light: Lasers latest advance in pet health

vivadmin/ July 31, 2018/ News

Veterinarians have many incredible stories to tell, but Dr. Michele Sacksteder will never forget one experience with two Saint Bernards in 2009. “I will never forget the first two patients that received the benefits of surgical laser,” said Sacksteder, a veterinarian and owner of All About Pets in Washington and Canonsburg. “They were full-grown Saint Bernards that presented for routine

Read More

In Dog-Dominant Pet Oral Care Market, Cats are Clawing Out a Niche

vivadmin/ July 30, 2018/ News

Regarding sales of pet oral care services and products, canines are the market’s top dog. a new report by market research firm Packaged Facts, estimates that dogs account for 85% of retail sales in the multi-billion pet oral care product market, with cats making up the remaining 15%. Similarly, dogs up the majority of oral care/dental hygiene services, accounting for

Read More

Petco tries to ‘Amazon-proof’ its business with a new store

vivadmin/ July 23, 2018/ News

Petco is trying to Amazon-proof its business. Time will tell if the strategy really works. Petco has opened a new store in San Marcos, California, called PetCoach. Only about one-third of the space is used for selling inventory — the rest is for grooming, veterinary care and other services. The launch of the new idea comes as Amazon is encroaching

Read More

Chinese petcare company executives ring the closing bell at the Nasdaq

vivadmin/ July 23, 2018/ News

Chinese petcare company, Dogness Corporation, rang Friday’s closing bell at the Nasdaq MarketSite. Founded in 2003 with the mission to make pet ownership easier, more scientific, and fun, it features traditional and smart collars and harnesses, leashes, gift suspenders, and other accessories. The U.S. overall pet industry continues on an upward trajectory. Sales have risen more than 5 percent since

Read More

Ursula Phillips joins the real pet food company

vivadmin/ July 20, 2018/ News

Former PepsiCo Australia and New Zealand technology boss, Ursula Phillips, will join The Real Pet Food Company in August as its Sydney-based chief information officer. Phillips, who departed PepsiCo last month, has taken the reins from Pitcher Partners’ Krist Davood who was employed as the company’s interim CIO. Phillips joined PepsiCo since 2012 and became CIO in 2014. She previously

Read More

The US Wild Bird Products to hit $2.2 Billion by 2021

vivadmin/ July 19, 2018/ News

Compared to cats and dogs, birds have always trailed somewhat behind in terms of their general pet popularity status. Despite this, a growing number of Americans feed and take care of wild birds that live around their homes and the market for wild bird products is projected to reach $2.2 billion by 2021, according to a new report from Packaged

Read More

The trend towards organic pet food and packaging

vivadmin/ July 18, 2018/ News

Pet owners are increasingly looking for products that not only contain organic ingredients but also have biodegradable packaging. Quest for better food In human food there is a growing focus on healthy natural foods, and increased awareness of what we eat. Where does our food come from and, more importantly, what is it made of? New trends, such as organic

Read More

How PetSmart plans to drive traffic

vivadmin/ July 18, 2018/ News

Petsmart is expanding in-store events in hopes of bringing in more in-store traffic. The largest specialty pet retailer announced that it is introducing more in-store events called Petsmart parties, along with Sample Saturdays and Camp Critters. Petsmart has been one of the few brick and mortar retailers that has been increasing its store counts instead of lowering them. “We continue

Read More

Inside Amazon & Chewy’s Battle for Online Shoppers

vivadmin/ July 17, 2018/ News

Despite the fact that it only recently set its sights firmly on the pet care category, Amazon is quickly gaining important ground on Chewy.com when it comes to the visibility of its pet product offerings, according to a new report from Gartner L2, a New York-based business intelligence firm that benchmarks the digital performance of brands. Gartner L2’s study, which focused on

Read More

Bob Martin closes its French arm

vivadmin/ July 16, 2018/ News

Bob Martin is closing its French operation in Nemours, which it acquired from Néstle two-and-a-half years ago. The move follows the closure at the end of last year of its Italian factory in Udine, which manufactured cat litter and pet medicines. A spokesman said: “It is with regret and sadness that Bob Martin (UK) has decided to close down its

Read More